Skocz do zawartości

Converting RHD to LHD

kraal

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Sorry, I don't speak Polish yet, which makes things a bit difficult...

I have a RHD forester 2.0 xt 2004 UK spec and I'm trying to find out if it's worth importing it.

I'll need to swap the headlamps (which have motorised levelling).

Has anybody done the conversion?

Does anybody want to swap their LHD lights for RHD?

Where can I get new aftermarket lights?

Thanks, Steve

You aren't forced to do the steering swap in order to use the car in continental Europe. In Poland are many shops (more or less professional ;) ) that perform such actions on almost daily basis, but if it's worth it thats always individual case. If a given car is in mint condition, if much money was investet in it previously, and the owner whats to keep the car regardles of economical factors - then yes, the work is worth the effect. But if it should be done properly it won't be cheap. And if it's made cheap - it's crap, and the machine can be worth less then in it's original RHD state. Take that into consideration.

Finding Euro-spec headlamps shouldn't be much of a problem, the used-parts-market is pretty strong here. ;)

You could even find a company that will modify You current lamps, so they could meet continental regulations, i. ex. changing bulb/xenon to projectors.

Like DETT said, this is a costly and time consuming operation, and so they are usually done with vehicles that are hard to find and unique, like the Forester STi, for example.

Many people import cars from the UK into Poland and just drive them as RHD. You only need to swap or convert the headlights to be able to pass the inspection here as such. You can look on olx.pl to find used ones at a fair price. Just search for "lampy forester".

4 godziny temu, Syn Adama napisał:

Like DETT said, this is a costly and time consuming operation, and so they are usually done with vehicles that are hard to find and unique, like the Forester STi, for example.

Many people import cars from the UK into Poland and just drive them as RHD. You only need to swap or convert the headlights to be able to pass the inspection here as such. You can look on olx.pl to find used ones at a fair price. Just search for "lampy forester".

You can also get a sticker for the lamps; but not sure if they then pass MOT if you change to polish numberplates

You can also get a sticker for the lamps; but not sure if they then pass MOT if you change to polish numberplates
Steve,

As guys mentioned second hand market.

But I've had my 02 Impreza on UK reg before and converted. But previous owners paid bribe to get the car MOT'ed in Poland, so I've decided to modify mine with Bi-led projectors.

They are spot on. All changes took me 6h and costed 650 PLN with modification of wiring.

Best of Luck

1a513ee6b9f5aea09a1a5d89f1929a6f.jpg

Wysłane z mojego SM-N950F przy użyciu Tapatalka