Skocz do zawartości

CVT - gwarancja w USA przedłużona do 10 lat

Urbi

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Właśnie trafiłem na coś takiego:

„Subaru of America has just issued TSB 16-115-18, dated 09/06/18, extending the CVT warranty coverage for 2016-2017 model years to 10 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, and until September 30, 2019 regardless of mileage.”

1001259_3

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-2019/498631-cvt-warranty-extended-2016-2017-2018-a.html?amp=1

Edytowane przez Urbi
  • Lajk 1

Ja miesiąc temu jak brałem dodatkową gwarancję na mojego forka(Gold Plus service), to moje pierwsze pytanie było czy jest na mój samochód  ta extending the CVT warranty coverage(and powertrain) for 2016-2017 model years to 10 years or 100,000 miles? (ta gwarancja dotyczy również starszych aut tak jak moje z 2015).

Odpowiedż jest niestety taka, że owszem mam tą gwarancję ale ona nie kryje wielu części na które się składa skrzynia i  silnik .Lepiej doczytać, bo nie jest to pełna gwarancja.

pozdrawiam

rs

Gdyby ktoś nie miał czasu, a był zainteresowany. Poniżej najciekawsze wpisy z cytowanego wątku:

„We don't really know if there's a problem at all with the CVT, period. I will say that many manufacturers - including Nissans - had a LOT of bad press about CVT failures all over the place. From the Subaru side of things, from what it looks like (we discussed it on the original pre-2015 letter that came out last year) Subaru overengineered their CVT. I think I've only heard of one actual, physical, steel belt/pulley failure related to the CVT itself, whereas most of these other issues are happening because of solenoid issues/valve body issues/torque converter issues. You'll see these last three across the board in any manufacturer. Eventually, it will happen.

The cool thing about the CVT is that there's less parts inside compared to, say, the Honda 10-speed automatic. There's a ton of parts whizzing around in there, and you eventually will have issues with those as they wear down. I think the biggest thing you can proactively do to extend the life of your CVT or not is simply to change your CVTF at regular intervals. Subaru Canada now requires this to be done at a 100k kilometer interval, which is about 60k interval. Some people choose to do it more often, some people are towing and are officially required to change it more often.

What I like about this is that Subaru knows that there's either a stigma or something going on with them and proactively taking the step to insulate its customers from substantial expense. I'm sure there's a statistic somewhere about how long the average customer owns a car before getting rid of it, and it's probably close to the 100k mile mark for the US. [MENTION=302090]Rub[/MENTION] I'm curious if the weeping you are seeing is related to the CVTF change you had done, possibly? I've read a few of those TechTIPS articles that SOA puts on their STIS page, and one or two of them dealt with technicians accidentally overtorquing things when putting them back together. I'm not suggesting this is the smoking gun, but I'm curious if there's some involvement. Also, [MENTION=490785]Sparkland[/MENTION] I was also freaking out last summer - ask some of the regular posters here - when I was a new Ambassador and I received my letter. I was ready to go buy a Forester 6MT and swear off of CVT's forever! But, then, I was thinking on my drives... look at all the Gen4 and Gen5 Outbacks out there - both 3.6 and 2.5's. They're all over the place. My CVT is not a ticking time bomb (though, I will admit I had the torque converter changed under the extended warranty) and if something happens, simply put: I'm covered.

I'm safe. I'm not going to encounter any crazy big expense to fix this. Sure, if I'm over 100k miles, I could have some issues coming up. But, part of me says that any car that's 100k or more is going to have issues, it doesn't mean it's a Subaru-only thing. ****, I had a Honda Civic that would eat Oxygen Sensors every 30k miles, and a Nissan Sentra that liked to have the MAF sensor fail every 50k. My point in all this is that things are going to break. Fix them and keep movin' on. At least Subaru is the type of company that just might give you a good will discount if you're out of the warranty parameters. I've heard of people paying 20%, 25% towards a 10,000 repair bill. And if that $2500 makes my Subaru last another 10 years without incident? Let's do it and move on. $2500 is a lot cheaper than a new car. Don't sour your purchase over the hypotheticals. Drive it, and enjoy it!

As I recall from the news there were a 100 or so folks that complained of stalling caused by a CVT issue. The Feds take stalling issues quite seriously. Subaru being afraid of a costly recall has found it easier to take a preemptive position and offer a warranty extension on a 1.5 million vehicles. There may or may not be a CVT issue. None of really knows.

I hope Subaru releases an official service schedule and procedure for the CVT. My biggest concern (after watching tear-down videos) is that unless the internal filter is changed, fluid and sump pan filter changes don't do much to extend the life. Getting to the internal filter requires major disassembly and skilled reassembly. If this is the case, it explains why no official service interval has been released.

It's a little of both and a lot of neither. Subaru extending the warranty on the CVT has little to do with the actual reliability of the CVT. It is mostly about the overall perception of the quality of the car by both current owners and the general public. The failure rate must have become high enough that the word is spreading on the potential unreliability of the CVT. At some point the rumors start to make the problem seem even larger than the actual failure rate and my guess is that we are reaching or have surpassed that point already. That is why Subaru extended the warranty.

I'm also guessing they have done focus groups and other research to determine how the warranty will be received and perceived by owners. They know they will lose the confidence of some, as we have seen here. However they also know the added security will raise the confidence level of others. If they didn't think there would be a gain in overall customer satisfaction with the extended warranty they wouldn't have implemented it. A warranty extension works better than a recall because it is less public. Recalls tend to get media coverage and bad publicity. Word of the extended warranty goes directly to owners and while it may spread from there it won't generate as much view in the general public (potential future customers). The decisions aren't made by the engineers or those on the front lines dealing with the broken cars and unhappy customers. They are made in the back offices many levels away from the end customers by people who are pretty sure they are doing the best damage control possible for the company

As far as I know, there is currently no Subaru-authorized CVT repair facility in North America. I've read that Subaru CVTs are assembled in near clean-room conditions in Japan, and that may have something to do with it. Given that the Variator pulley faces are micro-finished and the operating chain-to-pulley contact pressure is on the order of 150,000 psi (per Subaru documentation), that makes sense.

I think that Subaru does authorize field replacement of the torque converter, the TCU (i.e. CVT controller), possibly the solenoid pack and valve body, external switches, sensors, and solenoids, and the oil pump drive cover ... all of which can be accomplished without splitting the CVT cases. Just my speculation, but it may very well be that the CVT failure rate is so low that it's impossible for Subaru to economically justify setting up a proper CVT repair depot in North America.”

• Super! 1
  • Dzięki! 1